|Revised Nov. 2012
ARTICLE I RULES OF ORDER
Roberts Rules of Order, Revised, shall guide the Association in all areas not in
ARTICLE II DUES/FISCAL YEAR
The annual membership dues shall be reviewed each year and set by the Executive Council. The fiscal year shall be from August 1 to July 31; the membership year shall be from August 1 to July 31.
ARTICLE III DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- President: duties shall include acting as the executive officer; implementing professional development programs, meetings and an annual conference; promoting professional communications, such as newsletters and bulletins; appointing all committee members; writing an article about the NADE conference for the KADE newsletter; completing relevant NADE documents; organizing a chapter activity at the NADE conference; and acting as an ex-officio member of all committees. The president shall act at his/her own discretion in situations he/she considers to be emergencies, subject to later discussion and action by the Executive Council, and otherwise implement the provisions of the constitution and by-laws. The President will have co-signing authority on checks.
- President-Elect: duties shall include acting as executive officer in the absence of the president; submitting a NADE chapter grant request; chairing the Nominating Committee; attending the Leadership Congress at the NADE conference; preparing for the duty of president during the succeeding year; and assuming the role of President if the current President is unable to complete his/her term.
- Past-President: duties shall include serving as a consultant to the Executive Council, writing an article about the KADE conference for the KADE newsletter, and recognizing the outgoing President at the annual KADE conference.
- Secretary: duties shall include keeping minutes of Executive Council meetings and the Association’s business meetings.
- Treasurer: duties shall include maintaining and reporting of all financial matters relating to the Association and collaborating with the KADE conference treasurer.
- Members-at-Large: duties shall include representing the membership at large by bringing concerns of the membership to the Executive Council meetings.
- Membership Chair: duties shall include chairing the Membership Committee, recruiting new members and publishing an up-to-date list of members annually.
ARTICLE IV TERMS OF OFFICE
Each newly elected officer shall take office at the close of the annual conference. Elected officers shall serve for two-year terms, except as noted below. Terms of office shall be alternated in the following manner to provide continuity to executive council activities:
- The secretary, membership chair and member-at-large from a two-year institution will be elected in odd-numbered years.
- The treasurer and member-at-large from a four-year institution will be elected in even-numbered years.
- A president-elect will be elected in odd numbered years. The president-elect shall succeed to the presidency upon the completion of two years. The president will serve two years in office, then succeed to immediate past president. The past president shall serve a term of two years.
- The president will serve one year in office, then succeed to immediate past president.
- Terms of office for appointed officers, including archivist, newsletter editor, political liaison, cultural diversity chair, and webmaster, shall be for one year, renewable without restriction.
ARTICLE V EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
- Membership of the Executive Council shall be the President as presiding officer, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Members-at-Large, and Membership Chair. The immediate past president will serve ex-officio on the Executive Council and have a voting voice only in cases of a tie.
- In order to qualify for candidacy as an office in KADE, a candidate must be a dues-paying member of the organization for three of the five years preceding his or her nomination.
- The Executive Council shall meet three times a year, with other meetings held at the discretion of the President.
- The Executive Council is responsible for professional maintenance and direction of the Association.
ARTICLE VI COMMITTEES
- Nominating Committee: composition of the Nominating Committee includes the president-elect as chair and Association members at large.
- Membership Committee: composition of the Membership Committee includes the Membership Chair, the on-site Conference Chair, and Association members at large. They shall have the responsibility of annually publishing a membership list by February 1.
- Other Committees: all other committees necessary for professional development of the Association shall be appointed by the President.
ARTICLE VII ELECTION PROCEDURES
Officers shall be elected by a simple majority vote of the votes received from membership, either electronically or at the conference. Ballots will be distributed to all members at least one month prior to the election. The election must be held at the annual conference. Members of the Association are encouraged to recommend to the nominating committee themselves or other members for elected office.
ARTICLE VIII ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- An annual conference shall he held. The conference site shall be determined on a rotating basis by region. Dates shall be appropriate for maximum attendance of membership.
- A business meeting shall be held at the annual conference as designated by the Executive Council. Agenda items for the meeting at the annual conference shall be determined by the Executive Council. Additional items may be placed on the agenda by a 2/3 vote of those present at the business meeting.
- A quorum for business meetings consists of those members present. A quorum for Executive Council meetings consists of the majority of the Executive Council members.
ARTICLE IX ASSOCIATION RESOLUTIONS
- KADE resolutions must pertain to the purpose of the Association (see ARTICLE II).
- Proposed resolutions must be distributed to Association members 30 days before votes are counted or 30 days before members vote at a business meeting.
- Proposed resolutions must be passed by the Executive Council and by a 2/3 vote of a business meeting quorum or a 2/3 vote of members who return ballots.
- Approved resolutions must be distributed to Association members within 30 days of the final approval.
- 5. Repeal of a resolution requires the same procedure as the approval of a resolution.